Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-15-2021, 04:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not sure what you've watched on him, specific to his game, but there are a few really good breakdowns on what it is that makes others (some who 'know' and some who are fans like us) think he will be elite. 

Nicomo posted a video recently and while i don't know the guys credentials, the things he cited and the examples he gave were quality. PFF has pointed out that that one part he excells in, intermediate passing game, is the best barometer--from other QB examples--to predict how good a QB can be and even as a rookie he was easily in the top 5. A lot of people poopoo PFF but that wasn't an opinion, it was based off of production. He showed he is able to hit the deep throws in college, so that's not really a part of his game he needs to "improve", as much as it's experience/protection/timing, etc. 

Most people will take anything anyone says with a grain of salt and i don't really have an issue with that, i'd just caution against only judging him on raw stats and how they compare to others. 

I do not necessessarily contradict such opinions or claim these people got it plain wrong. It might very well be that Burrow develops into an elite QB - the kind of QB every team wants. I just would say that it is not a surefire thing that he will. That is the thing I was getting at, that one can't really know, and that not everthing Burrow did was just so extraordinarily good that there can be zero doubt about it. Especially now after he got badly hurt.

With Watson, imho it is a sure thing that he is one of the top players at the position. Burrow might become one in a few years - but when he does, he will demand elite QB money as well. At this point, salary does not play a role any more. That's why I would trade for Watson, it's like having a top QB right now. The idea that Burrow will already play lights out great while still on his cheaper rookie contract, imho, is one I would not build all hopes on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - hollodero - 01-15-2021, 05:07 PM