Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-15-2021, 05:07 PM)hollodero Wrote: I do not necessessarily contradict such opinions or claim these people got it plain wrong. It might very well be that Burrow develops into an elite QB - the kind of QB every team wants. I just would say that it is not a surefire thing that he will. That is the thing I was getting at, that one can't really know, and that not everthing Burrow did was just so extraordinarily good that there can be zero doubt about it. Especially now after he got badly hurt.

With Watson, imho it is a sure thing that he is one of the top players at the position. Burrow might become one in a few years - but when he does, he will demand elite QB money as well. At this point, salary does not play a role any more. That's why I would trade for Watson, it's like having a top QB right now. The hope that Burrow will already play lights out great while still on his cheaper rookie contract, imho, is one I would not build all hopes on.

*highlighted part comes at the end of the post*

I get what you're saying but i'll stand fast in the belief that there are things that will point to whether a QB will be good to great or average or a bust, if you know where to look. Difference of opinion, no biggie. 

There is no denying that Watson is, right now, a top 5 QB and would instantly, at the very least, keep/put the Bengals where they were in weeks 6-8, if not make them better. 

To the bolded, with the advanced metrics that are out there now and the ever increasing eyes and race to find better predicive indicators, it is possible to more accurately tell whether a guy is going to be very good to anywhere else down the scale. Zero doubt, 100% accurate? No. But nothing in this world is that way. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - rfaulk34 - 01-15-2021, 05:34 PM