Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-15-2021, 05:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: *highlighted part comes at the end of the post*

I get what you're saying but i'll stand fast in the belief that there are things that will point to whether a QB will be good to great or average or a bust, if you know where to look. Difference of opinion, no biggie. 

There is no denying that Watson is, right now, a top 5 QB and would instantly, at the very least, keep/put the Bengals where they were in weeks 6-8, if not make them better. 

To the bolded, with the advanced metrics that are out there now and the ever increasing eyes and race to find better predicive indicators, it is possible to more accurately tell whether a guy is going to be very good to anywhere else down the scale. Zero doubt, 100% accurate? No. But nothing in this world is that way. 

I believe there are good indicators that Burrow will be great, and that he has a good chance to be. We might see the chances for it happening slightly different, but not too much. I'm just a little less certain about it, based on my own usually less than stellar observation and the somewhat small sample size and his recent grim knee injury.
My whole point is centered around your last statement though. There is always doubt. With Watson, I have less doubt, he's already where we ideally want Burrow to be in two years.

(And I say "in two years", for if it takes him longer than that then we don't benefit from his cheaper rookie contract and would just delay success by keeping him over Watson in this totally surreal scenario)

And I like to be disagreed with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - hollodero - 01-15-2021, 07:35 PM