Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-29-2021, 03:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: To fair to Deshaun, the Texans front office as made ours look like the gold standard of the Nfl.  That’s pretty hard to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they really though?

They've had winning seasons 6 of the last 8 years.  They've won their division 6 times in the last 10 years.  They've advanced past the Wildcard round 4 times over those 10 years (something we haven't done in 30 years).

I'm not going to deny that Bill O'Brien didn't do a number on that roster with his moves he made from 2019 and on.  But I really don't think you can point to their entire front office structure and claim they're uniquely inept, to the point of making us look like the "gold standard", based on 2 years of piss-poor moves by a Coach/GM that they parted ways with.

They just hired a guy who was the Patriots Director of Personnel for the last 10 years, one of the best 10 years runs you'll ever find in this league.  They have a front office, including the GM and scouting department, that currently shows to be 19 deep (I believe ours is around 5 or 6)  They have a indoor facility.  etc. etc. etc.

I'm sorry, we don't make any front office look like the gold standard.  Our entire front office is a proven failure and an absolute joke.  What crazy is just how quickly things with south for Watson in a situation like that and how here nothing ever changes.  Ever.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - Wes Mantooth - 01-29-2021, 05:23 PM