Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-29-2021, 05:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Do they really though?

They've had winning seasons 6 of the last 8 years.  They've won their division 6 times in the last 10 years.  They've advanced past the Wildcard round 4 times over those 10 years (something we haven't done in 30 years).

I'm not going to deny that Bill O'Brien didn't do a number on that roster with his moves he made from 2019 and on.  But I really don't think you can point to their entire front office structure and claim they're uniquely inept, to the point of making us look like the "gold standard", based on 2 years of piss-poor moves by a Coach/GM that they parted ways with.

They just hired a guy who was the Patriots Director of Personnel for the last 10 years, one of the best 10 years runs you'll ever find in this league.  They have a front office, including the GM and scouting department, that currently shows to be 19 deep (I believe ours is around 5 or 6)  They have a indoor facility.  etc. etc. etc.

I'm sorry, we don't make any front office look like the gold standard.  Our entire front office is a proven failure and an absolute joke.  What crazy is just how quickly things with south for Watson in a situation like that and how here nothing ever changes.  Ever.

So you aren't willing to bet that the Texans won't win a playoff game between now and 2051?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - Nately120 - 01-29-2021, 05:31 PM