Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-31-2021, 10:40 PM)Stewy Wrote: haha - I don't think the rest of the league sees Joe the same way we do......r

Well, if we aren't over the moon about the kid who would be?  And while I always point out that Joe Burrow is awesome and the best and he could/should be the best Bengals QB ever before I make any sort of critique on him, it is interesting to see how quickly teams are moving on from QBs and/or regretting giving them big contracts.

Daniel Jones and Drew Lock could be on their last chance years already, and Haskins has already busted his way into being a reclamation project

Josh Rosen is an obvious mess of a pick now that he's already on his 3rd team and hasn't played meaningful football in the NFL
Sam Darnold is a prime candidate to get a change of scenery
Mayfield, Allen, and Jackson have all done stuff...but they could still pull a Goff and get paid way too much and then cripple the team

Trubisky is a bust, at least in Chicago
Watson wants out of Houston

The Rams traded a bunch to move up to get Goff at #1 and then traded a bunch to get rid of him and his bloated contract
Wentz has already caused people to get fired due to his decline and supposed inability to get along with a SB winning HC
Paxton Lynch was in the NFL for about 10 minutes before people realized he wasn't any good
Hackenberg was taken in the 2nd round and also declared to be "not good at football" rather quickly
Cardale Jones went from being the 1st overall "Fail for Cardale" to god knows what...was he in the XFL or AAF?  

Winston and Mariotta went #1 and #2 and neither made it to year 5 with the teams that took 'em

Ok, that's enough.  My point is that in the past 5 years it looks like a lot of QBs taken high were either flat out busts, or good enough to get a contract that turned into a major headache.  I reckon this is why multiple 1st rounders for Watson, a player who was 1st in multiple passing categories and top 10 in others in 2020 is worth the chance to take multiple QBs who will make you ill.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - Nately120 - 02-01-2021, 10:18 PM