Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(02-02-2021, 11:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope. Mahomes was a surprise. Watson was a total stud coming off winning a National championship. I’m not going to blame a team for not realizing what Mahomes was going to be. It was evident with Watson though.

And the Bears didn't have an Alex Smith mentor and a 12-4 team when they drafted Trubisky like the Chiefs did with Mahomes, and Mahomes needed that.

Don't get me wrong, Mahomes is great and would have gotten where he is eventually, but I think him sitting an entire year and getting to learn behind a 3x Pro Bowler for a year before getting to step into an already playoff-ready team? Huge difference in speed of ascension. Very much like Aaron Rodgers in that way.

The Bears had neither the support system nor the leeway to be able to do that coming off a 3-13 season, and hadn't had a winning season since 5 year before Trubisky was picked. Trubisky obviously wasn't the answer, but the Bears simply weren't in a position to let Mahomes succeed. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - TheLeonardLeap - 02-03-2021, 01:50 AM