Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(02-04-2021, 06:05 PM)Headless Horseman Wrote: Nope, absolutely not. Burrow hasn't even reached his ceiling yet which is in the Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning level. Watson has reached his and.... Well frankly he is Tony Romo 2.0, a guy who can put up top 5 numbers in stata but isn't legitimately elite and can't elevate his teammates or win games.

I don't think that's something we can really declare.  The fact is, we have no idea what Burrow's ceiling is, or when he's going to reach it.  Maybe he already has.  I love the guy and thinks he has the skills to keep improving, but we don't KNOW that as fact.  Yet the majority are willing to state Burrow is going to up there with some of the all-time greats.  I hope he is, but we have no idea what will happen.  We can say Burrow is a great leader and elevates his teammates, but obviously he didn't elevate them that much this past year.  Not enough to overcome everything else at least.  I think Burrow has high potential, but potential means nothing at the end of the day until it becomes results. 

The question being posed shouldn't come down to assumptions about where Burrow's ceiling is, but whether the move would make sense from a team standpoint.  I don't think it would be a good move for a few reasons, but none of them are me hanging my hat on assuming Burrow is going to be the GOAT, because we just don't know that.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - MileHighGrowler - 02-05-2021, 01:37 PM