Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(02-10-2021, 12:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Am I the only one that finds this absolutely nuts?  Selfish?  Diva-ish?  Absurd?

It's not nuts, but the main thing I take away from it is that people who are good at their jobs are able to get good jobs elsewhere if they think they have the sway to do so.  Maybe there is more to this than we know, or maybe Watson is just an unreasonable person...either way, the Texans can probably trade him for a haul of picks or they can sit on him like we did with Palmer.  And maybe unlike the Bengals and Palmer no one gives them enough to make them want to give in and Watson either crawls back to the Texans or he retires in his prime at 25.

I get it, the guy got paid and now he's mad and he should just play the contract out and we can accuse him of just being in it for a paycheck and not caring if the organization sucks.  At any rate, it'll be interesting to see how amenable Burrow is to signing here...but I don't think a QB who bails on the team who drafted him to cash in elsewhere at his first opportunity is seen too favorably, either.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - Nately120 - 02-10-2021, 01:19 PM