Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet
(02-22-2021, 08:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Dante Fowler is a good guy to look at. He took the one year “bet on himself” deal and got 11.5 sacks after a disappointing career to tha point and got 3 for $45. Now Lawson doesn’t have that “bet on himself” year but he has a year that the tape shows a guy who collapsed the pocket constantly even when not getting credit for the sack. Add in the available options and the trend of upward pay and I think he’s right there. Now the depressed market because of a downward cap could come into play here, and it may force him to take a similar one year deal, or we tag him, but 15 area is not out of the question hear as odd as it may seem.

(02-22-2021, 09:01 PM)J24 Wrote: He was top 10 in pressures and sacks created. Dude is going to get paid this off-season by somebody.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat the crow no problem, but I don't see it guys, sorry. I heard the cap went down this season on top of the injuries and low sack totals. Pressures are good, but he's not going to get top 4 DE money for one season with top 10 ranking in pressures, which followed some injuries. Especially with the cap trending down. Other guys are getting pressures AND sacks (while staying healthy) to get that kind of bag.

I'll also add that it'd be tough selling a fanbase on paying a guy that much based on one season where he "collapsed the pocket a lot". Casual fans are going to look at the sack totals, the injuries, etc and question the signing. That matters when teams are deciding on paying a guy like that.

We'll see though. Feel free to bookmark this and revisit in a month.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-18-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - Shake n Blake - 02-22-2021, 10:19 PM
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - BenZoo2 - 03-12-2021, 11:27 AM