Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet
(02-22-2021, 10:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If I'm wrong, I'll eat the crow no problem, but I don't see it guys, sorry. I heard the cap went down this season on top of the injuries and low sack totals. Pressures are good, but he's not going to get top 4 DE money for one season with top 10 ranking in pressures, which followed some injuries. Especially with the cap trending down.  Other guys are getting pressures AND sacks (while staying healthy) to get that kind of bag.

I'll also add that it'd be tough selling a fanbase on paying a guy that much based on one season where he "collapsed the pocket a lot". Casual fans are going to look at the sack totals, the injuries, etc and question the signing. That matters when teams are deciding on paying a guy like that.

We'll see though. Feel free to bookmark this and revisit in a month.

(02-22-2021, 10:40 PM)jason Wrote: My casual ass doesn't think Carl Lawson is worth that kind of money. If he's gonna get it, I hope it's from someone else. He's a nice player, and all (I'da loved to have him on those 2012 - 2015 teams), but he's not a top 5 DE, edge, 3-4 OLB... Whatever you wanna label the tweener.

I'm not banging the table to ink him, but this past season he had a pass rush productivity (prp) grade of 8.5

That was good enough for 9th in the league for EDs playing 50% of max snaps. Of the top 9, Lawson tied for least amount of sacks with 6 (going strictly by pff #s and they don't count half sacks) while 3 other guys recorded single digit sacks as well. He was 2nd to Watt (27) in QB hits with 24. He was 4th in QB hurries with 34--Shaq Barrett had a ridiculous 60--and he was 3rd in total pressures with 64 (Barrett and Watt had 76 and 73). 

That grade is better than anything Carlos put up while he was here, and each one does pretty much the same thing--disrupts but doesn't get the QB on the ground consistently. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-18-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - rfaulk34 - 02-23-2021, 02:55 AM
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - BenZoo2 - 03-12-2021, 11:27 AM