Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet
(02-28-2021, 10:44 AM)samhain Wrote: I'm with you.  It's pretty apparent that keeping Lawson means shelling out top tier DE money, either through the tag for 1 year or through a fat long-term deal.  If the team is going to be forced to spend like that, then why not go after a guy like Barrett that has the ability and the numbers to justify the deal?  

Also agree about building the offense now.  There are too many areas of need to address in 1 season.  Get the OL in order, find a weapon or 2, then proceed to the season hoping Burrow is ready week 1.  

I'd let Jackson walk and see if Phillips can stay healthy opposite Waynes on the boundary.  He's been steadily improving and capable when given the chance to play.  If that doesn't work out, then go heavy of the defense in next year's draft to compliment the offense you built in 2021.  See if Anarumo can win with what he has.  If he does, then he's a keeper, if not, then grab a new DC after the season.

(02-28-2021, 12:26 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I like this take..... lets build an elite offense and let the D pieces fall into place after.

It was either the Locked On Bengals podcast or Hear That Podcast Growlin that studied games between the #1 D vs #1 Offense to see if there was a pattern or trend in the outcomes. They found that year back, it used to be that the #1 D would beat the best offense. But, a few years ago, with all of the rule changes that favor the offense, that has since been flipped. To win in the NFL, offense typically carries the day and you just need a competent D to win a lot of games, or even the Superbowl. A great offense makes an OK defense look good.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-18-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - PDub80 - 03-01-2021, 02:47 AM
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - BenZoo2 - 03-12-2021, 11:27 AM