Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet
(02-26-2021, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The league leader in sacks probably gets a little over one a game.  It is pretty silly to judge a players entire worth on one play per game when teams average 60-70 snaps per game.

You make some good arguments.  I don't want to turn this thread into a "Burrow vs. Lawson" thread so I won't even go there.  I just want to say that I love me some Carl Lawson.  He is an exciting young player.  Buuuut...I just can't wrap my head around how Carlos Dunlap had more sacks in 2020 than Lawson did, how Lawson has been chronically injured, how he doesn't have elite production over his rookie contract, but yet he's going to get paid elite money this offseason somehow.  Is he really a better value than the best pass rusher on the market at that price tag?  Is he really better than two pass rushers at half of that price tag?  I know that I don't have all of his pressure tape and all of his run fit tape and this and that in front of me to look at and analyze, it just seems excessive for him.  Prior to this season I had thought of him as the "DE3" on like the best roster in the league.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-18-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - Bilbo Saggins - 03-01-2021, 05:07 AM
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - BenZoo2 - 03-12-2021, 11:27 AM