Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet
(03-04-2021, 12:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't believe stats are ever the know all tell all. You mention baseball stats/analytics LL and that's always been my go to example to illustrate my point. 

You look at a baseball game stat sheet and player A went 3 for 4 with 2 RBI's. Sweet he had a good game really tattooing the ball right ? But in reality the 1st hit was a swinging bunt down the 3rd base line against the shift. The 2nd hit was a routine grounder to short that the SS booted and even the announcers were surprised they gave him a hit. The 3rd was a little nubber off the top of the bat pop up that just barely made it over the 2nd basemans glove and there were two outs and the base runners took off on contact giving the 2 RBI's.

That's I believe what AU is saying ?

Am I saying Lawson is top tier and needs paid top money ? NO But if they can bring him back for reasonable money that isn't like top 3-5 range I wouldn't be upset. 

But there's the problem huh ? Some team is about always willing to overpay in free agency.

I hear what you're saying with the baseball analogy, but at the same time, the hitter was savvy enough to simply put the ball in play when he needed to.  Game IQ is as important to any sport as physical abilities are. 

What I'm saying, and how I feel it applies to a guy like Lawson is;  Much ado was made about him being told to not use all of his moves.  While he could likely utilize every tool in his box to defeat the Tackle every down, and go for a "kill shot".  However, sometimes in doing so, he leaves an outlet lane wide open.  By holding back, he can effectively rush the passer by defeating the Tackle, and still maintain his position, thus still defending his lane.

It's still a "win" because Lawson was able to defeat the Tackle, and force the QB to alter his plans, yet still maintain his positional integrity to the defensive unit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-18-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - SunsetBengal - 03-05-2021, 10:44 PM
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - BenZoo2 - 03-12-2021, 11:27 AM