Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet
(03-11-2021, 06:15 PM)pally Wrote: Carl Lawson interview  https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/exclusive-carl-lawson-joins-htpg/id1477129521?i=1000512572707

"we have to protect #9"

Carl comes across as a super good dude. Even had fun with the Jeremy on twitter thing.

For anyone who wants cliff notes....

- In Carl's OWN WORDS: It didn't make sense for the Bengals to franchise tag him when the cap money hits immediately vs a lower number spread out over time.
- He likes it in Cincinnati. The Bengals and his agent are working on it, but we will see.
- He understands them freeing up as much cap space as possible BEFORE signing him. HIS WORDS: "#1 thing for the Bengals this offseason needs to be to protect 9 (Burrow)" and basically anything/anyone else NEEDS to be secondary.
- Loves his teammates and the Org
- NOT a TJ or Whitworth situation. NO salt there. He will 100% give the Bengals the chance to sign him.

Carl was light hearted, honest (to a fault), and grounded on what the deal is with the Bengals and the NFL in general. Absolutely no animosity. He isn't in hiding. His tweets are 99% meant to goof off and troll twitter goofballs. He in no way is THAT serious about it.

The part with Jeremey crapping on him was fun. Carl was cracking up and was saying that if he met Jeremey on the street, there "would be hands" and that he is definitely NOT wanting to run into Jeremey. But, not from him. He isn't mad... JEREMY, though, is furious with him (for some reason).

- Carl KNOWS the stats and what he is worth (to a degree). I thought it was really interesting when they compared him to Shaq Barret and he said he didn't see it and basically stopped short of saying Barrett was a more complete, better/productive player than him. I don't get the sense that Carl is an egotistical guy with football. I think he knows he kicks ass, but in his own way and wants to find a team who will pay him for that... WHICH ANYONE WOULD WANT.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-18-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - J24 - 02-22-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - PDub80 - 03-12-2021, 10:30 AM
Carl Lawson posts cryptic tweet - BenZoo2 - 03-12-2021, 11:27 AM