Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
OL hits and sacks - Joe Goodberry
(04-13-2021, 11:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: The problem is the EDGE class this year is substandard. 

With the signing of Reiff we actually have a decent starting OL 5 of Jonah, XSF, Hopkins, Spain, Reiff. Last year even saddled with Hart once we had both Spain and XSF out there at the same time the line play improved pretty dramatically - the stats on that are in multiple other threads here.  The big issue is the cupboard behind these guys is pretty bare and needs to be restocked with actual talent and not trash like Redmond and MJ. Hence double dipping in 2 and 3 (assuming Chase) helps that issue a lot. 

It is decent... but when you are protecting your franchise, needs to be better then decent. 

My biggest concern though isn't the starting five, it's counting on the starting five to actually play the majority of the season. Jonah has missed more games then played as we go into year three. He had 3 different injuries last season, so it is almost a certainty he is going to miss time. If he continues to be like Eifert was, good when he plays but usually not playing, you have to move on from him as you approach the 5th year option to be picked up.

XSF has been injured in three straight years.

Hopkins tore his ACL week 17

So at some point these names will be on the field again.... Price, Jordan, Fred Johnson... 

After years of failure from this team, I shouldn't be surprised but yet... I am... I am absolutely amazed that they can be dumb enough to be gifted a rock for the OL... and will pass on him for a WR...

These moves are why this team is still the laughing stock of the NFL.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OL hits and sacks - Joe Goodberry - Murdock2420 - 04-14-2021, 12:12 AM