Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
OL hits and sacks - Joe Goodberry
(04-14-2021, 12:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who the hell is claiming Whit was better than Munoz? You’re arguing against a point no one tried to make. I said the best lineman on those teams that went to 5 straight playoffs (ie the longest stretch of success in team history) was a 2nd rounder.

And the only two Super Bowls were in the 80's with a rock on the line named Munoz.

Look, this is simple. Every stat, every number, every possible variable out there shows the same trend. 

Do you want Super Bowl chances? Draft Sewell

Do you want big offensive numbers and no playoff success? Draft Chase.

I've been a fan of this team since I was a kid, I was young when Boomer and company lost the Super Bowl to the 49ers but I still remember it. I've watched us botch so many moves, and make so many mistakes. I have said this thousands of times now... Chase is not a bad player, he'll be good in the NFL, but Chase is not the right pick for this team with where it currently sits. However, Chase is exactly the pick that will be made because of three simple reasons:

1) Chase will sell tickets. People will ignore two bad seasons and be excited about the potential offense cause Burrow is back with Chase. You think the Bengals aren't seeing the Twitter mentions with their new social media presence and aren't thinking...we can literally use this to our advantage.
2) Taylor is trying to save face, not his job. I'm pretty sure everyone can look at this team and see it isn't going to really be pushing for more then maybe a .500 season. So, if Taylor gets canned he needs a shiny toy and an offensive explosion to keep him from being a steak house manager.
3) And the most obvious of all, it is the Bengals. Since Mike Brown took over, anytime the Bengals are given two options, we pick the wrong one. Stay put and take DeCastro, or move back and watch him go to your rival and anchor their line for years. Trade your pick to the Saints for their entire draft or stay put and take Akili ***** Smith. I love A.J. Green but Julio Jones ended up being the better receiver. Tyler Eifert or DeAndre Hopkins... Eifert was good, Hopkins is still a monster. Dennard over Jason Verrett, Ced over... anyone at all, moving back with Buffalo and getting Price instead of Ragnow, John ***** Ross instead of literally drafting a paper bag.

So while so many people are singing the Chase praises and drinking the Hopson Kool-aid before he even writes his first fluff piece about the high flying LSU offense that is coming to Cincinnati and people start losing their minds of how good we are going to be....and then....then reality will arrive. When week 1 hits, and the line gets no push still and we can't convert third and one and we have no running game. Then we will wonder why Chase has no separation...which is simple... since teams will rush 4 drop 7 and just take him away with the double team. He isn't Kyle Pitts that will be towering over CBs or outrunning LBs trying to cover him. He is a 6 foot tall guy being covered by 6 foot tall guys that are just as fast and will have safety help. 

I'm tired of settling. Tired of losing seasons and tired of watching this franchise try to use a shiny toy to appease fans and sucker us into a new lease or another season of making money for them. I want them to act like an NFL franchise, accept it will be a bad season, draft the guy that anchors the line for 10 plus years, fire Taylor and build a team the right way for once, and drafting a WR when you have a patchwork OL isn't building it the right way at any level of football.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OL hits and sacks - Joe Goodberry - Murdock2420 - 04-14-2021, 01:23 AM