Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
OL hits and sacks - Joe Goodberry
(04-15-2021, 09:28 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Agree , good points even when healthy his defense didn’t look good. I get Wayne’s got hurt but in addition to having the guys you mentioned in those early games the secondary was mostly intact with Bates, Bell , Jackson and Alexander plus they wanted to keep and pay Williams all that money to be a third safety and not really use him. The other issue with this coaching staff is they have no proven track record. Taylor was a QB coach and Lou was a secondary coach. I keep hearing we’re brining in guys that fit Lou’s system and I have no idea what his system is and if it even works because he’s never ran a Defense before. Versus brining in coaches  with experience I could say oh he ran this defense in this place and that worked or remember those games were Zac Taylor had a great day calling plays with the Rams as an OC. The plan didn’t make senses to me either we have an offensive minded head coach coach with a young QB and the last two off-seasons we’ve spent big on a defense that I still don’t think will be very good.

I think bringing in Louie Cioffi was a good move. If Lou's D continues to struggle even when healthy, fire him and let Cioffi 
take over the duties who has a much more impressive resume'.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OL hits and sacks - Joe Goodberry - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-15-2021, 02:03 PM