Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell
(04-23-2021, 08:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: People are stuck on tackle, but this team also needs help on the interior. A guy like Wyatt Davis starts immediately, is a good scheme fit and brings a mauler presence to the run game as well. 

Our interior is so bad that if we don't find guys to block and block well, Burrow's career will be over before it started.  I think if the Bengals choose once again to take the shortcut regarding the OL, we will suffer another terrible season.  Whoever we pick for OL cannot be a bust.  It has to be practically a slam-dunk. 

Taking a risk on Burrow's health by picking up an OL later in the draft is really just crazy to me.  MJ, Spain and XSF are not starters.  The only way they become starters is if we don't take the easy pick.  Hopkins/Price are backups on most teams. 

Will the Bengals take Chase?  Most likely.  
Don't forget, this is the same management that selected John Ross. 
They just can't help themselves when presented with the shiny object.

Take Sewell, I think most of us are happy.
Take Chase/Pitts, I think we pretty much hold our breath all year until Joe gets hurt again. 
This team doesn't have the coaching to cut corners on OL.  I seriously doubt that it will work.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell - 2MinutesHate - 04-23-2021, 09:46 PM