Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(08-12-2021, 03:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not to start another Sewell v Chase debate but my thoughts on why Sewell is looking great in drills and well in run blocking and struggling with pass protection is the exact same issue that has been seen with Chase dropping passes and not getting separation.

Both sat out a year and are going from college to no play to the NFL speed. It will take a little time to get used to it again. 

Yes thought this would be the case especially with Sewell so no surprise. He is a GREAT run blocker though.

(08-12-2021, 03:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Late 2nd early 3rd quarters the interior line will likely be D'Ante Smtih - Trey Hill - Jackson Carman in a vanilla run heavy offense. That plays to Hill's and Carman's strength. I can see both have a big game Saturday.

I can see the same.

(08-12-2021, 03:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I just hope Carman's issues where it seems he was not in shape at the start of camp are related to his previous medical issues and not motivational issues.  That's a bad sign IMO if he was healthy but could not get himself in shape in time for training camp.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm 100% rooting for him to be a great player.   But the Bengals need highly motivated players.

I don't see it being motivational, Carman could of sat out late last season when he was injured but instead stayed and did his 
best to protect his QB while they went for a Championship. He was a good teammate and played through it even though it 
lowered his draft stock cause he wasn't even close to 100%.

(08-12-2021, 03:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Even if Sewell is struggling with pass pro, wouldnt it be nice to have a mauler on this line? Someone to help open up holes for Mixon to run through?

Jonah Reiff and Sewell all on this line wouldve been the ideal scenario.

No arguing with that, but it is crying over spilt milk and Sewell isn't here. Carman is and he is also a mauling run blocker.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-12-2021, 05:38 PM