Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone think Taylor is improving?
(11-24-2021, 12:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't believe players or coaches do, but organizations most definitely do. The Browns hired analytics guys and gutted their team to where no reasonable person thought they were trying to win. They were tanking for high draft picks.

Their process looked identical to what many NBA and MLB teams have deployed. It's slowly coming to the NFL. I think the Dolphins, Jags and yes the Bengals have had similar rebuilds.

Thankfully, NFL teams aren't tanking as long as NBA and MLB teams. NFL teams seem to try for a QB and a couple other pieces, and fill the gaps with free agency.

I'd also include this year's Texans and Lions teams as tanking. I agree that no player or coach is in on tanking. It's always the front office. 

I do think that the 2019 Bengals weren't in on tanking until about the mid point of the season. The FO legitimately thought that we had a talented roster and the new coaching staff would fix that.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone think Taylor is improving? - Bengal Dude - 11-24-2021, 02:24 AM