Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(06-16-2022, 07:11 PM)J24 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1537462561314066432?t=Qg2SOauV80JJlV3yGZbOuw&s=19

Let's get real here. The Bengals were touting Jessie as the best Safety in Football last Off-season . He came off an all pro season and was rated #1 Safety by PFF . Yet the guy isn't supposed to expect a big time contract? What sense does that make? 

We can certainly afford to sign Bates as well as Burrow and Chase. 

The Rams signed Ramsey, Donald, Stafford, Howard,  Robinson,  and Kupp all to massive deals this  off-season. 

Last Offseason is not this Offseason. His regular season last year wasn't the play of even a top 15 Safety. 

He played great in the Postseason and yeah, this should be acknowledged but the poor play in the regular season should 
be taken into account just the same. If Bates played like a #1 Safety in the regular season? Sure, he should expect a #1 
Safety big time contract. He did not by any means.

You take all of these things into account, not just things you want to hear and don't because you have a bias one way or 
the other. The Rams can do what they want, they won't be back to the big show against us anytime soon unless all those 
guys stay healthy and they coach up everyone else into a better team than last year. 

Our team is clearly better and with our Offseason and Draft we can deal with losing Jessie Bates and I always liked this
player tons and called to draft him before we did in multiple Mock drafts before we drafted him. I have no bias against 
him. You clearly have a bias for him and if you get your way it WOULD hurt the team I guarantee it with his inconsistent
play.

(06-16-2022, 09:13 PM)Stewy Wrote: There is nothing taken out of context.  The bias is yours, not the haters, of which i am not one.  

Personally i saw the quotes.  He said specifically that the contract stuff distracted him, and he was alluding to his play.  I'm not saying he was dogging it on purpose, but IN HIS OWN WORDS it got into his head and affected him.

Sorry but you can't spin it differently.  He said it and it was clear what he was talking about.

Saw the same and see the same still Stewy. Well said. Rock On
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-16-2022, 10:02 PM