Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(07-09-2022, 01:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well if he doesn't go all out it is better paying him 12.9 mil than extending him and him not playing all out.

I was seriously disappointed in the way Jessie handled not getting a contract last season.

He should of just went about his bidness and not worried about it. Now I don't know about his mentality.

What if he just takes our offer and is bitter about it? I actually find him playing on the Tag as better insurance now.

But if we extend him and he is good in his head that is the best case scenario.

He is a fantastic Cover 1 Safety with ball hawking skills and great range.

Sounds like he will have to play on the Tag from this.

I just read reports he isn't going to show up for mandatory training camps. Who knows how true this is with all the rumors floating around but one thing is for sure his agent has a reputation for being demanding with teams in negotiations, and he will have Bates ear. Thats what doesnt give me much hope with how it all plays out. 

It's disappointing because he is a homegrown player here who is young and has alot of great years left in him, but this is the NFL.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - GodFather - 07-09-2022, 01:31 PM