Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(07-11-2022, 03:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I found this on CincyJungle, which mentions that, like I posted earlier, dozens of coaches, executives, scouts, and players rank Bates just outside of the top five:

I don't really care much about his abilities in run defense since this is a passing league and we'll face guys like Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert in the playoffs.

It goes on:

That bugs me because what's to say he won't half-ass the regular season again? Can we afford that?

I feel like this should help the Bengals because I'm guessing they're offering him somewhere in the 14 million per and that's what the rest of the league believes he's worth, but his agent's an asshole and I don't see the Bengals budging on guaranteed money past the first two years (assuming that's what the hold-up is).

Based on his off-season workouts/program - he won't half ass it. He'd be an idiot to half ass it knowing this is a contract year for him as well. 

I am not sure what was wrong with Bates for the majority of the year last year but I almost feel like he used the contract as an excuse for his poor performance rather than it actually having an effect on his play. He's the only one that really knows though. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - WeezyBengal - 07-11-2022, 04:00 PM