Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(07-17-2022, 01:08 PM)HardLiqor Broncos Wrote: Thank you very much for access.   Obviously a Broncos fan here HOWEVER, I would be remiss if I didn't say that the Bengals are my daughters #1 NFL team.

Two? off-seasons ago I lobbied on my Broncos podcast to let Justin Simmons walk and make the same offer to Jess Bates.  Right after that podcast the Bengals tagged Bates.  Jessy Bates did NOT disappoint.  Before I go any further the Broncos have been run [into the ground] by would be owner / GM / HC / OC... John Elway from behind the scenes.  Von Miller wanted out of the Elway led Broncos and Justin Simmons [an Elway pick] was groomed by Elway's pr department to replace Von as not just a Broncos spokesperson but an 'NFL' spokesperson.  How does this pertain to the Bengals.....?  Fast forward to this off-season ESPN outrageously proclaimed Justin Simmons the NFL's number #1 safety and making Jessy Bates chopped liver by comparison.  If you as Bengals fans, have bought into the pr spin that Simmons in any way is in Jessy Bates universe, I ask you to simply watch the Bengals VS Broncos at NFL 'replay'.  Before I came to this board or thread I said on my Broncos podcast,  that Jessy Bates needs to take his agent into the Bengals front office with that ESPN nonsense ranking and have a serious talk.   When your team stinks and you tell it like it is you aren't the most popular podcast among fellow fans.  However, we have a strong NFL centric following because we do tell it like it is and we have got several fans from both conferences to actually study film on Simmons beyond the context-less FAKE stats Simmons gets, and they are floored just how bad he really is.

This, make the NFL pr spokesperson look good 'at all costs', added to the... 'pay QB's the kings ransom', opens up a couple cans of worms.  I think it's a slap in the face to players like Bates who really are great at their position to be relegated as 'chop liver' in the 'rankings bs spin cycle.  I'm sure the Bengals front office isn't crying a river that god-awful Simmons is touted as 'king of the safeties'.   I also have noted reading this thread that Bengals fans are going down the slipper slope Broncos fans have gone down now for seven seasons of 'Just Good Enough'.  The NFL has turned the QB position into a Disney princess, and we as fans find it no problem to pay them billions of dollars [I'm being dramatic obviously] at the cost of surrounding them with great talent you have to pay for.  Because of Mahomes half a billion contract, I do not see him staying in KC because the overpayment of his contract is just not sustainable because QBs don't work in a vacuum.   You have to pay great players even if they are NOT the QB.

Nice hearing from a fan of another team. I am from Wyoming where there are a lot of Bronco fans.

All I can say is Bates is good but he isn't a top 5 Safety simply because he is not a good tackler and he lets things get into his 
head. His agent has screwed him by playing with our Front Office that will not overpay, they are fair but they aren't going to let
Joe Burrow or Ja'Marr Chase go for Jessie Bates.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-18-2022, 01:43 PM