Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(08-17-2022, 11:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Derwin James just signed a new deal with the Chargers - 4 years, $76 mill. $42 mill signing bonus.
James will average $19 mill in his new deal, just surpassing Minkah Fitzpatrick.

One can argue Bates has been better than both James and Fitzpatrick over these past 4 years, and could (should?) argue he deserves to be paid very close to what they got.

With yet another safety getting $18+ mill, do you see this as a sign that Bates will not get a new deal signed with the Bengals?

I think it was clear since last offseason that the Bengals were never going to spend big money on a Safety.  It's clear that Bates deserves more money than what the Bengals are willing to offer at this point. 

The bigger question to me is if the Bengals are willing to spend big money on Higgins.  He has the same agent as Bates and will want at least  40 Million guaranteed(Probably in the 50s)? I just don't see this Front Office willing  to do that.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - J24 - 08-17-2022, 04:28 PM