Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(08-22-2022, 01:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He's definitely playing chicken with the wrong franchise because he and his agent know the Bengals MO.

If he didn't want to deal with the Bengals, he should have never signed his rookie contract.

If Bates goes somewhere else, he very likely won't get the kind of contract we were offering him, especially if he sits out or half-asses the regular season again.

Assuming that Bates plays like he did in the playoffs, we definitely will! 

I believe that if a player doesn't sign their rookie contract, they have to wait an entire year and re-enter the draft in hopes of getting selected by another team, right?

Sounds pretty illogical to me that if that's the case, a player would choose to do that, especially because it could affect his chances of when/where he would get drafted the following year.

In my eyes, having Bates is a luxury now.
The Bengals are not going to repurpose that $12.9 mill into this season. It would just potentially get rolled into next season.
And Hill is looking good enough to handle starting duties unless/until Bates returns.

So we should just stop worrying about Bates at this point.
If he plays, great for the team.
If he doesn't, I think the team can get by.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - ochocincos - 08-22-2022, 01:58 PM