Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(08-22-2022, 02:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: All we know is the very low guaranteed amount which was half what the Top 3 were getting, thus my comment below market value - value pertains to both salary & guaranteed money in my mind.

Im sure he will be there and to be honest he cant be much worse than he was at times last season and he didnt miss a snap in the offseason and preseason last year.

Still sounds very fair considering how Bates played early last season.

If he played like he did in the Postseason all year him and his agent would have a point.

I would be very concerned now if he even signed the contract we offered.

He was a favorite of mine, I called for us to Draft him in multiple mock drafts before we did in the 3rd round.

We took him in the 2nd and he was better right out of the bat at tackling than I thought he would be, but then his sophomore 
year was a bit of a let down and then last year where he was so distracted by something a pro shouldn't be distracted with...

Just play football man.

(08-22-2022, 02:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Less guaranteed money doesn't mean you're making less money. It just means if you are bad and end up getting cut before you finished your contract the team still owes you the guaranteed portion of the contract.

The Bengals like to do guaranteed money through signing workout and roster bonuses.

This. Spellchecked it for you too Synric. Wink
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-22-2022, 09:17 PM