Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(05-27-2022, 09:30 AM)basballguy Wrote: To be fair, everything every 15 year old boy says is stupid and there’s no way anyone could police all the stupid things they say.

That's true, but here is a classic case of a loner with apparently no friends on his social media or at school, who made threats, which should have demanded some type of psychological intervention. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20 and I'm not placing blame until the facts are known. What I find troubling, is this. Way back when, when we trained for active shooter responses, we were trained as patrol officers to set the perimeter and call for Special Tactics Units. Columbine changed all that. From that day, until the day I retired from police work, our training regarding active shooters was as soon as 3 or 4 units arrived, that forms a tactical team and you make entry to dissolve the threat. They are now reporting the shooter was inside shooting for close to an hour before anyone made entry. IF that's true, then that is a problem.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - Sled21 - 05-27-2022, 10:07 AM