Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(06-05-2022, 07:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: good. Walk me thru the process real fast.
I've got a clean record and mentally stable, can i go down the street and what can i buy?

Based on Ohio laws, you you can purchase most any non-NFA firearms on the spot from either an FFL or a private seller with no problems and no background check required if purchasing from a private seller.

(06-05-2022, 07:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Do i need a license first? 

Negative. Ohio has no permit-to-purchase law.

(06-05-2022, 07:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Do i have to register the gun? or is it done automatically if i buy from a federally licensed place of business?

Ohio does not have any sort of registration.

(06-05-2022, 07:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What if i buy one from Jim Bob down the road? will it be registered to me after POS? 

N/A

(06-05-2022, 07:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If so, is that his or my responsibility?

N/A

(06-05-2022, 07:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Now, i'm new to collecting and like any other hobby, i go all in, so how many can i buy?

As many as you like.

(06-05-2022, 07:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: if i buy 20+ over a span of 2-3 weeks, will i get flagged? 

So, there are forms required by the BATF if purchasing more than one firearm within a number of days (5 maybe? I can't remember). However, this is more about record keeping and checking on any potential concerns rather than restrictions on purchases.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - Belsnickel - 06-05-2022, 08:39 PM