Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges
(12-20-2022, 10:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, it is a topic for two years because you and many others are just an immovable object on the issue. Probably to not give the liberals the satisfaction, yeah I think in the end it's just that petty really. But you're just wrong, based on unbiased facts alone.

For one, you hear Trump talking to the Georgia state secretary, asking him point blank to find him the exact number of votes he needs to win. And pointing out that it would be a huge risk for him and his lawyer if they wouldn't do just that. That is a coup attempt, stone cold plain and simple. That there's even a debate about this is astonishing. It's on effing tape. It failed and was stupid, sure, but stupidity is not a valid excuse.

But that is not even the biggest issue, of course. Yeah the capitol thing was stupid too, but again stupidity is not making it any less treasonous. And Trump knew exactly who these people were, that they were armed and up to no good - and sent them to the Capitol anyway. When it became clear to everyone with a TV that these people were up to no good, he edged them on via tweet. And then sat there for hours, doing nothing, failing in one of his most important duties as president. Again, what is there even to debate about. It's two years of debate because folks still try to argue away the apparent severity of these facts. It's not even a stretch to claim that Trump shares responsibility for these days' victims.

Then there's Trump replacing the head of DOJ with a guy who would not oppose sending faulty DOJ statements out in support of the stolen election lie. Or the Green Bay sweep, the attempt to put fake electors in. Or Trump still demanding the election should be renewed or cancelled or whatnot, and constitution takes a back seat to that goal. You know, the minor coup attempts. This all doesn't sound like advocating coups to you?

Or just tell me one thing, just this, would you even hesitate one second to call it a coup if these were all Biden's or Hillary's deeds?

Oh dear.

Again not looking to rehash all that so my apologies for making you type that out.

It’s just a measure of our times. These days people call words literal assault so it’s not surprising we see words as a coup attempt here.

If we’re being super sensitive to words, then ok sure it was a coup attempt. But hopefully common sense prevails and people eventually realize nobody is seizing control of this country with a baseball bat and bear spray….wearing a funny hat with horns on it.

If conservatives wanted a coup they’d be ***** good at it. Not what the media lead you to believe.

Now just in case we’re talking two different things, I’m referring entirely to Jan 6th (which is what this thread is)…if you’re extending beyond that then I apologize for not recognizing that
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges - basballguy - 12-21-2022, 12:29 AM