Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges
(12-21-2022, 12:29 AM)basballguy Wrote: Oh dear.

Again not looking to rehash all that so my apologies for making you type that out.  

It’s just a measure of our times.  These days people call words literal assault so it’s not surprising we see words as a coup attempt here.  

If we’re being super sensitive to words, then ok sure it was a coup attempt.

Yeah it was a coup attempt. End of story. Sensitivity to words has nothing to do with that. And of course words can muster to an coup attempt, even more so when they come as request or order from the president.

(12-21-2022, 12:29 AM)basballguy Wrote:  But hopefully common sense prevails and people eventually realize nobody is seizing control of this country with a baseball bat and bear spray….wearing a funny hat with horns on it.

I don't find it appropriate to associate the Jan 6 mob with guys in funny hats. That's belittling it. And it is not common sense to determine the appropriate legal consequences for a coup attempt by how successful said attempt was. It doesn't matter whether Trump's attempts were clumsy or dumb or had no real chance for success. He still had the intent and acted on it, and should meet the consequences, same as if he had tried a way smarter coup attempt. It is quite bizarre to me to argue otherwise.

(12-21-2022, 12:29 AM)basballguy Wrote: If conservatives wanted a coup they’d be ***** good at it.  Not what the media lead you to believe.  

Oh. I even think I understand the point, but it leaves me just as speechless as if I wouldn't. Let's just say I talk about Trump. But good to know that if conservatives wanted to, they could easily excel at this coup thing. Brag accepted.

(12-21-2022, 12:29 AM)basballguy Wrote: Now just in case we’re talking two different things, I’m referring entirely to Jan 6th (which is what this thread is)…if you’re extending beyond that then I apologize for not recognizing that

Yeah, I extended it to other timely instances where Trump blatantly attempted a coup. I shortened it as best I could, but of course they are relevant to Jan 6. Trump's a serial, he has a history of multiple other failed coup attempts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges - hollodero - 12-21-2022, 02:58 AM