Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges
(12-20-2022, 10:23 PM)basballguy Wrote: Did he though?  He was stupid on Jan 6 but to call that a coup attempt has always been a stretch.  If it was one (which it wasn’t, it’s just a democrat pipe dream) then it’s literally the worst coup attempt in the history of our species.

Alas, I’m not here to rehash that as it was topic TWO YEARS AGO.  Everyone has already made their opinions known on that and I know I won’t be winning any arguments on this biased forum :)

It’s all political posturing and nothing more.

If someone in power and popular with some demographic were to constantly say someone else needed to be taught a lesson and beaten or worse, and one of their supporters took that as a call to action and committed the act, should the person who said the words be held accountable?

I know that there's freedom of speech, but words are very powerful, especially if interpreted incorrectly and bad action is taken from those words (intentional or not).
People need to be held accountable from time to time for the things they say.

There's no doubt though that Trump's argument is that he just said words and it was the choice of those supporters to take that action.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges - ochocincos - 12-21-2022, 11:09 AM