Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges
(12-21-2022, 02:12 PM)hollodero Wrote: I know. You're amongst the persons probably most open to the argument that a two-party system is a horrible way to run a democracy. And I agree, of course, the two-party system is the root of the current evil, the underlying cause for the rise of Trump, and possibly your democracy's undoing. I do not think it's so much about one party having a systematic advantage, though it is true. But even if it weren't, the picture would still be the same, one of the parties always replacing the other one after a certain period, creating a 50/50 timeshare over time.

Until someone gets rid of it finally. Whch imho is bound to happen, especially since so many americans ae fundamentally frustrated with the system and many people's logic seems to be that it isn't really a coup attempt if it doesn't succeed. One more reason to go after Trump with all means available. If there's hesitation, it's water on the mills of those that claim Trump's little sweet coup attempts weren't a big deal to begin with.

Wouldn't it be great if there were no "parties" and it was just the candidates themselves?
Maybe it would result in people actually taking the time/effort to find out what each candidate actually stands for rather than just assuming if someone has a D or R that they hold exactly the same values as every D and R.

Regardless, I think what most people in favor of this criminal recommendation want is that Trump is barred from ever serving in public office again, even if he doesn't actually get criminally prosecuted.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges - ochocincos - 12-21-2022, 04:03 PM