Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges
(12-21-2022, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While yes, I think many that don't support him would be willing to sacrifice him not getting jail time as long as he couldn't hold any official position in federal office ever again.

I understand. The prize for that, however, is a shattered trust in the state of law. The message being that no one is above the law, except that person gained a certain amount of a following and political backing, then we can negotiate. A coup, well, for every citizen it would mean the FBI knocking, but for you, say, you can't be president any longer. And then, what about treason? Theft? Robbery? Murder? This would be an awful precedent.

No, I have no wiggle room, the state of law must prosecute Trump like it would any other ctizen. And if certain elements or people hinder the process, then at least they have to show their faces when doing so. It's a horrible idea to engage in any kind of preemptive obedience towards them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges - hollodero - 12-21-2022, 05:44 PM