Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges
(12-21-2022, 05:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's fair, but knowing how Trump likes to throw frivolous lawsuits out to delay/avoid things, what were to happen if he were to get charges delayed until the election season really kicks off in 2024? We're only a little over a year away from that really getting going, and Trump would try anything and everything to delay/avoid.

All I'm saying is the likelihood he would get prosecuted prior to the election feels low to me.
But the country definitely cannot afford to have him as president again, regardless whether he gets prosecuted or not.

I hear ya, I'm just saying that stuff like "We can't imprison this guy but we're going to bar him from office" is going to validate the cult of Trump and possibly inspire them to commit more super peaceful things that are total nothingburgers. 

(12-21-2022, 05:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: I understand. The prize for that, however, is a shattered trust in the state of law. The message being that no one is above the law, except that person gained a certain amount of a following and political backing, then we can negotiate. A coup, well, for every citizen it would mean the FBI knocking, but for you, say, you can't be president any longer. And then, what about treason? Theft? Robbery? Murder? This would be an awful precedent.

No, I have no wiggle room, the state of law must prosecute Trump like it would any other ctizen. And if certain elements or people hinder the process, then at least they have to show their faces when doing so. It's a horrible idea to engage in any kind of preemptive obedience towards them.

Everyone knows certain people are above the law...the only difference now is if they cite Trump or Hunter Biden as proof of it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges - Nately120 - 12-21-2022, 05:45 PM