Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges
(05-04-2023, 06:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly, but this is where it gets nitpicky over Trump's intent vs interpretation.

I'm sure Trump's camp is arguing that he never explicitly said to do it, and it's not his fault that those who stormed the Capitol Building chose to interpret it that way and did what they did.
But he sure never told them to immediately stop or not go once he found out what they were doing (until hours later at least), thus giving impression he did intend for them to do what they did (or at least he didn't care if they did).

Trump is Trump so he can say and do anything and it has little to no long term effect upon his supporters BUT he did NOT pardon them when he had the power to do so, but he's also said that they are unfairly treated political prisoners that he would consider pardoning if he wins in 2024.

So he didn't make them do it, and he didn't pardon them even though they are unfairly imprisoned, but even though he didn't condone it or cause it and he has no claim to starting it he is using the prospect of freeing them as a way to gain popularity?  You know the real kick in the arse is that if Trump's supporters actually held him to his word or held him accountable for anything he would have pardoned them in 2020 knowing there would be a backlash if he didn't.

Instead he chose to not pardon them and they're like "Ah that's ok...Trump 2024 so you can possibly pardon me in 4 years, I guess!"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges - Nately120 - 05-04-2023, 06:26 PM