Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Look Back at the Trump economy
(06-29-2023, 12:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is one area where I think presidents get so much undue praise and criticism. The economy is a massive machine and very complex. A lot of it will depend on the state of the global economy as well. I tend to think the above post from Hollodero lines up with my thinking. The direct control that presidents have over the economy is greatly overstated IMO.

Learning about how an economy works and why what is happening, is happening, is a complex topic and a lot of people don't care to learn about those nuances. This ends up resorting to black and white thought process like this because it is easier to do.

You are probably right.  Trump had some great policies that had the economy strong; which may have well continued into the Biden admin if not for the insane worldwide lockdowns that crushed everything.  People can call me whatever names they want, but it was so overboard that I think it was done purposefully.

I also believe Biden would not be Prez right now if it were not for Covid.  The economy was very strong and no wars.  Biden didn't have a chance if we were not locked down like animals.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Look Back at the Trump economy - Luvnit2 - 06-29-2023, 11:27 AM
RE: Look Back at the Trump economy - pally - 06-29-2023, 12:00 PM
RE: Look Back at the Trump economy - Mickeypoo - 06-29-2023, 12:09 PM
RE: Look Back at the Trump economy - Stewy - 06-29-2023, 02:24 PM