Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Look Back at the Trump economy
(06-29-2023, 12:05 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: The only reason it took a nosedive is because leaders worldwide locked the citizens down, crushed their businesses and destroyed the economy.  

It is interesting how most big box stores where magically able to stay open during covid.  Hmmm, lock everybody down, close small businesses, leave the big box stores open who also have online options and look at all those wealthy people and shareholders getting even more rich as online sales explode.

I was calling BS after a week or two of lockdowns.  People are easily fear mongered.

Ah, that's a tough one. But overall, mind you I did not blame Trump for the nosedive, but the circumstances. It would have happened under any president.

As for calling BS on the lockdowns, that determination seems a bit too far-fetched to me. The first covid variant was quite dangerous and no one could have predicted with any certainty how this would develop if no countermeasures were taken. Different nations all around the world reached that conclusion, as well as experts all around the globe, that it was simply too dangerous and unpredictable to not react. Not saying every measure was justified (like lockdowns in the Omikron period, that I was quite critical of), I share some of the harsh critizisms, but it was a tough situation and a tough determination to make. Leaders opted for caution and I can't really blame them for that in principle.
And Trump was amongst those leaders, after all. You can't really disassociate him from the measures taken in his tenure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Look Back at the Trump economy - Luvnit2 - 06-29-2023, 11:27 AM
RE: Look Back at the Trump economy - hollodero - 06-29-2023, 12:20 PM
RE: Look Back at the Trump economy - pally - 06-29-2023, 12:00 PM
RE: Look Back at the Trump economy - Stewy - 06-29-2023, 02:24 PM