Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-03-2023, 09:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My initial guess is that seeing fringe GOPers like Matt Gaetz continue to be far more visible and linked to the GOP than they should be isn't something republican strategists who are looking to recover the independents they lost between 2016 and 2020 want to see.  I don't see how McCarthy taking a record breaking number of votes to be elected speaker and then becoming the first speaker in history to be removed from his position helps the republican party wipe off the circus stink the general public seemed to have soured on during Trump's first term.

2024 is still up in the air, but I'm not sure voters who lean right are content to see the GOP fight itself rather than fight the left.

Also, Trump endorsed McCarthy and he had a historically hard time getting voted in and was historically booted out.  Add in that democrats have the presidency and the senate and the only thing the GOP has is the house which they are using to fight amongst themselves and remove their own party leader, and it might be a bad look. 

How  many voters do you actually think pay attention to these things?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
RE: Vote to oust McCarthy set for Tues - Mike M (the other one) - 10-04-2023, 01:09 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM