Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-24-2023, 01:08 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You say you weren't trying to come at me side eyed, but then you follow it up by saying something like that. Lol. I never said that Democrats are equally to blame for the current situation. I never said Republicans are off the hook.

I am only saying that this idea that a lot of people here seem to have is wrong. Voting for a situation to happen means you can't say your hands are 100% clean of the results of your vote. I don't know if that is .01% to blame or 49% to blame. I honestly don't care to even begin to try to bother with that thought process or try to play that game.

Libya was in Civil War against their horrible leader. NATO did their job/sword their oaths/did exactly what they swore to do or however you want to phrase it by creating a no-fly zone and later having an airstrike against Gaddafi's security which led to his capture and execution. We helped save civilians from being massacred by their government that was led by a ruthless dictator. Objectively did the good thing. The country has been in conflict, war, and turmoil for the 12 years since. Is NATO 100% clean and clear from any and all responsibility for those 12 years? That's all I am trying to say. If you choose to take action, you are at least partially responsible to some varying degree for the result of those actions even if those actions were your duty and the right thing to do. You can't act entirely unconnected to it.

Ok I guess. Yes. They are guilty of doing their job.

The way I see it. They never voted to put a proven threat to our constitution as #3 in presidential succession. They never voted for the rules to make him easily removable. And they never voted to keep him in power.

I guess we could say well if the people would have never built that great big beautiful house little Donny and his friends wouldn't have been able to burn it down. So I guess we have to put some of the blame on the people for building it if we are playing by your rules.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - NATI BENGALS - 10-24-2023, 02:21 AM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM