Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-25-2023, 01:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe he gets shot down ala Jordan if policy is all that matters.  Have you heard the same full-throated protests from moderates that Jordan got pre-vote though?  It was clear with Jordan going to vote the GOP was banging their heads against a proverbial wall, not sure I'm hearing that for this guy yet.

I think this guy gets through and Matt Gaetz wins thanks to the GOP and thanks to keeping anyone who wasn't MAGA off the floor vote.  Just my 2 cents.

I am actually more concerned about Johnson because he knows more about what he is doing than Jordan does. But, he is more of an ideologue than Jordan, just not as annoying about it.

If you are an actual conservative Republican, the ones the MAGA crowd calls RINOS, then Johnson is just a continuation down a dangerous path for the party. The silence from them on this can mean one of four things. One, they will vote for someone else, like Emmer, and just continue the battle without much of a fuss. Two, they reveal they have been coordinating with Democrats and join the vote for Jeffries. A highly unlikely but still possible scenario. Three, they have decided to vote "present" and are just tired of the fight but cannot bring themselves to vote for this person. Or four, they have been whipped into submission out of fear of being primaried.

I have no clue which one it will be.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Belsnickel - 10-25-2023, 01:29 PM