Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-26-2023, 11:37 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: There are a few things wrong with this portion of your post. One, we are using our own natural resources, and we are using them well. Through July of 2023, we are producing more oil domestically than we ever have. You can see this data on the EIA website. We are also producing significantly more natural gas than we ever have. You can also see this on the EIA website. The next is a minor correction, but oil is not a major source of heating for homes. U.S. homes are primarily heated by natural gas. You'll also see electricity, which could be generated by oil, coal or some other fossil fuel, and propane. I'm most familiar with propane as I work in the O&G industry on the NGL side. We deal with very large volumes of propane, primarily distributed to heat homes.

This is phrased in a confusing manner as it almost sounds like you are saying that we didn't before Biden. I don't want to assume your intentions so I will just make a blanket statement saying that we have always imported oil, and we are actually importing less oil now than we have in decades. You can see this data on the EIA website. The United States has never been energy independent. In fact, we have never even been close. Really, energy independence isn't an actual phrase used in the energy industry. Based on how politicians use it, I don't think there is any country in the world that fits the description. Donald Trump mentioned the U.S. being energy independent back in 2019 when the United States became a net exporter of energy (exports are greater than imports), which the U.S. is still doing today.

I don't know how you're defining this, but it also isn't true. For instance, Brazil produces nearly 90% of its energy via renewable resources. Norway produces 99% of its energy via renewable resources, 90+% via hydropower. Iceland is at 87%. Paraguay is at 100%, all by hydropower. You can see this here. The United States isn't even close to being the cleanest energy producing country in the world, but we are also a massive country and are currently working towards this.

Gas prices started spiking in February of 2022. Inflation had been running rampant for a long time by this point. Prices increased from $3.61 to $5.03 in a matter of four months. There was a small jump in gasoline prices in March of 2021, going from $2.50 to $2.80 but I would hardly call that a spike. From there, the prices slowly increased through the rest of the year before actually spiking in Feb. 2022. You can see pricing data here and EIA analysis on price increase in 2021 here and EIA analysis on 2022 increases here.

Gas started spiking almost immediately after Biden stopped Trump energy policies and started waging a war on fossil fuels. See below, I don't see the clean energy countries listed that are in the top 5 of our oil imports.

The resulting total net petroleum imports (imports minus exports) were about -1.19 million b/d, which means that the United States was a net petroleum exporter of 1.19 million b/d in 2022. The top five source countries of U.S. gross petroleum imports in 2022 were Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Colombia.

Are you saying the oil we import is cleaner or as clean as the oil we produce?

I never meant to say we were ever energy independent, we were not but got a lot closer under Trump. Then Biden cancelled pipeline and brought back the restrictions on oil and gas production. His attack on fossils fuels to get closer to the end of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles have hurt the price of gasoline and heating oil/gas.

Biden also dipped into our oil reserves in 2022 to get gas prices down to help Democrats win seats in 2022 election. He has yet to replace the oil reserves and now we may be on the verge of a war. Russia and others are controlling the price of oil, some say it could spike to $100 a barrel up from a high of $90 a barrel. Trump's plan was to be energy independent, if Trump would have continued with his plan, it is likely we would be energy independent by now. Instead, we are likely not at the peak of the Biden gas prices.

I get liberals don't want to give Trump credit for anything, I get liberals will always counter in some way. The problem Democrats and Biden have is he is perceived to have placed more value into the green and climate deal and elimination of fossil fuels and the lower and middle class believe he is 100% t blame for them having to spend $100 to fill up their vehicle. In the end, the reality is inflation is killing the lower and middle class and the price of gas impacts almost every aspect of the supply chain which has caused a huge spike in cost of goods.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Luvnit2 - 10-26-2023, 01:04 PM