Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Enforcement of the 14th Admendment, Article 3
(01-07-2024, 06:30 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Exactly.  I simply don't believe in trampling Democracy to save us from the guy that threatens Democracy.  Like I said, this is all banana republic stuff.  There's something extremely problematic, and distasteful, when people who believe in the rule of law are disparaged as "Trump defenders" because they don't think bending the law and making shit up is the way to defeat Trump.

Trump should have been impeached, both times, if the Republicans weren't feckless.  But that is the only remedy available, because jailing or disqualifying political opponents is a very slippery slope.  But this is the kind of garbage the Left has been condoning when the "ends justify the means" that gave rise to Trump in the first place.

And the election fraud and interference should also be disqualifying, but it's not.  And the documents, too - Trump should be banned from having a security clearance and that, too, should be disqualifying.  Perhaps when the dust settles reasonable minds in Congress will encode crimes that are disqualifying.

I'll just end with the Dems were giddy with Trump running because he's been so good for them down ballot in the last two elections.  Until polling started showing Trump beating Biden.  I'll just keep hoping for a divided government because neither of these clown parties should run the country unilaterally.

So following the Constitution is now "banana republic stuff" and "twisting the law"?

Interesting take.

And I agree with Congress needing to pass some law to protect the country from someone else pushing the limits of what a POTUS can get away with even more..  I said so here.

Nonetheless I didn't name, or directly respond to a single person.  Yet two people felt I was talking about them.  Again, interesting.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enforcement of the 14th Admendment, Article 3 - GMDino - 01-07-2024, 07:02 PM