Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-12-2024, 12:23 AM)Joelist Wrote: Really? We got BETTER today not worse.

Geno Stone directly addresses THE major defensive issue that caused all the explosive plays. He is a football smart excellent coverage safety who will be taking on that important role of communication and getting everyone aligned.

Zack Moss is a FAR better pass protector than Mixon, runs hard, breaks tackles (which Mixon did not), makes defenders miss (which Mixon did not) and fits the scheme well.

Yes Chido left and yes Reader is still out there but so far it looks pretty decent.

You’re not accounting for all of the loses we had. We lost our RT, CB, DT. And we signed a S. How did that make us better? We have a lot of work to do. I know we’ll fill the holes, I’m just very confused on what the strategy is. Who do they want to pay? We have 50M in cap space. They don’t want to give it to Tee. So which big free agents do they want? They have a massive hole at RT and DT. The Bengals are not dumb enough to say, we’ll find 2 starters in the draft. So which FA will they get? I’m not saying it’s been a bad offseason, it just started. I’m just saying what’s the plan? To me, it seems like they don’t have one. I would have expected either a long term deal with Tee OR 1 big free agent at either RT or DT considering the massive holes there.

So far, no, we have not improved. Until we sign just one of a DT or RT, then we can see if we upgraded. We can fill one of RT DT with pick 18, but certainly not both.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Ell Prez - 03-12-2024, 09:52 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM