Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-12-2024, 10:09 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: So resigning a back up TE, back up LB, back up RB (Trayveon), back up OT (Ford), and a S who may start may be rotational with our 1st round investment Hill, not trade or extend one of our best players while sitting on 50M in cap space….thats the plan? Yeah I’d say that isn’t my plan. That can’t be the Bengals plan. I know it’s not, hence the confusion.

Their plan is to either spend that money on Tee or pay for who? There are still players out there, but who actually makes our team better. I’ve been a big proponent for trading Tee but that was to only use that Cap space to sign a player of his quality at a different position. If we let Tee walk next year for nothing and don’t use that money to replace our team with another top 100 NFL player- we certainly aren’t better.

What if after the trade request, the Bengals decided that they had soured on the idea of trying to pay 2 big-time WRs at the same time?  Maybe they are planning on taking the offense in a completely different direction?  I'm sure that there really is more to the "plan", but we just need to keep watching as it plays out and reveals itself to us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-12-2024, 10:31 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM