Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 10:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals don't really restructure their contracts whereas other teams do in order to free up more cap, but Bengals still in Top 5-10 in remaining cap.
Spotrac has Stone's cap hit this year at $6 mill.
They have Moss's at $3 mill.
Spotrac has their remaining cap at $47 mill including the above two guys, but it does not factor in Gesicki's $3.25 mill, Sample's 3-year $10.5 mill deal, or Trayveon Williams's contract.
That still will likely keep the Bengals around $40 mill in cap thanks to displacement of the minimum contract amounts for the bottom guys like Jaxson Kirkland.

They have the money to not only add a solid NT and RT, but they should have plenty left over for extensions and the draft too.

Or ADG.

It is far from over, but so far it looks like they are doing what I was afraid they'd do. Shop the bargain bin and overpay for backup level players. The Stone deal is great value. Bravo. 

Sample, Gesicki, and ADG are high end backups and we spent $11 mil there. I'd rather have help in the trenches.

And while the Moss deal saves us around $2.75 mil, I think Mixon is the better player. 

And the complete lack of restructures to free up more space compared to other teams. Not to mention guaranteed money. Our FO are cavemen by comparison.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-13-2024, 12:00 PM