Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 06:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is this a fair statement? Which team always retains their own regardless of price?

I have not seen that team yet. KC traded away arguably the best WR in football due to money. The key was they killed the draft, not at WR, but defensive backs, safety and RB,

The point I was trying to make (and I thought was obvious) was that once you're a competitive team and paying some big contracts to certain positions, you won't be able to keep everyone...especially really good players who are going to hit FA.
Teams like the Patriots and Steelers in the 2000s and 2010s frequently let some good talent go because of cost, but they had a plan to replace those players with cheaper options. And they found ways via budget signings and/or the draft to make that happen.

As you said, KC was able to have a great draft after trading Hill, which has contributed heavily to them continuing to have success after.
Bengals need to hit on their draft picks (especially early ones) to continue to have success after losing proven talents like Bates and likely losing Higgins after this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-13-2024, 06:21 PM