Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 06:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: He may not leave this season but he is leaving. Mulugheta clients almost never resign with their original team. 

As to this year, Stone directly addresses a need and so does Moss. Even Gesicki gives us a slot option that is a true mismatch. I agree we need IDL and RT still big time. All we can do is watch and wait. 

Everybody leaves eventually. That means nothing. I thought we were talking about this year? 

I think the Stone signing is quality. The player & the value. But everyone else is a backup. Everybody. Not that there aren't things that they all bring. Moss is a better pass protector than Mixon, but not as good of a receiver. Sample can block but is zero threat receiving. Gesicki is a legit red-zone & 3rd and short to medium guy, and cannot block a lick. Plus, he is only on a 1 year deal. Should we count him on the Higgins scale & say he is leaving, too. ADG is nice insurance, but he's a backup. 

Over the last 4-5 years I can count the number of Bengal backups (who are not on rookie deals) making $2+ mil on one hand. Gio. Perine. Scharping's first year. Now, some of this could be a by product of the cap increase. But bending on it at the bottom of the pay scale, but not the top, seems silly to me. Backwards in fact. It is a lot easier to draft a Sample/ADG replacement than one for Reader.

Again, it isn't over yet. But most of the best are already gone. And there is no Reader replacement out there. None
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-13-2024, 07:03 PM