Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 07:03 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Everybody leaves eventually. That means nothing. I thought we were talking about this year? 

I think the Stone signing is quality. The player & the value. But everyone else is a backup. Everybody. Not that there aren't things that they all bring. Moss is a better pass protector than Mixon, but not as good of a receiver. Sample can block but is zero threat receiving. Gesicki is a legit red-zone & 3rd and short to medium guy, but he is only on a 1 year deal. Should we count him on the Higgins scale & say he is leaving, too. ADG is nice insurance, but he's a backup. 

Over the last 4-5 years I can count the number of Bengal backups (who are not on rookie deals) making $2+ mil on one hand. Gio. Perine. Scharping's first year. Now, some of this could be a by product of the cap increase. But bending on it at the bottom of the pay scale, but not the top, seems silly to me. 

Again, it isn't over yet. But most of the best are already gone. And there is no Reader replacement out there. 

Moss is also far better than Mixon for balance, breaking tackles, not going down to the first defender and such. It's his RB game and style (hard to tackle power back). In that respect he is a far better fit for our pin and pull scheme than Mixon was. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Joelist - 03-13-2024, 07:06 PM